And the answer is ……… (Clue: don’t be fooled by the picture above)
🐾🐾DOGS!🐾🐾 But of course you knew that already, didn’t you?
Well, it’s true for women at least. It’s unclear why a college in New York state opted to research women’s sleep in particular, but research it they did. Their study has the serious and meaningful title “An Examination of Adult Women’s Sleep Quality and Sleep Routines in Relation to Pet Ownership and Bedsharing”
“Compared with human bed partners, dogs who slept in the owner’s bed were perceived to disturb sleep less and were associated with stronger feelings of comfort and security.”
Conversely, cats who slept in their owner’s bed were reported to be equally as disruptive as human partners, and were associated with weaker feelings of comfort and security than both human and dog bed partners.”
So it turns out cats are the worst. Do you think cats care? Course not. They know who really rules the roost. Besides, it’s totally beneath them to compete against lesser beings.
And in any case, it seems women who sleep with their canine friends go to bed earlier and get up earlier. Boring…
With Christmas coming up and another new year about to begin, we may think about adding a fur baby to our family. Here are 8 great reasons to adopt a dog (or a cat, depending on how much sleep we want!)
- Who wants to support puppy mills or breeders who are just in it for the money?
- Rescue buddies come in all shapes, shades, sizes and personalities – there’s a perfect fit out there for the pooch-shaped hole in our lives
- Most ‘pre-owned’ mutts are already house-trained – phew!
- Our new bff will already have the vet’s seal approval, and be microchipped, vaccinated, often spayed or neutered
- Pure gold as he/she is, our rescue canine will cost a lot less than buying from a store or breeder
- We will save a life. In the UK 5,000, in the U.S. 670,000 shelter dogs are euthanised each year. Those are not statistics. Those are doggy individuals with hearts full of love and hope
- We can never be lonely with that pup by our side
- We will reap all the unquestioning love and devotion brimming from those big brown eyes
And now we have a 9th – they are THE best snuggle-monsters! After all, hasn’t science just proved it?
PS The researchers didn’t question me, but it makes no difference to the results. My little rescue dog – who by day would bite the postman’s ankles if he got half a chance – is by night under the covers snuggled up close, his head on my shoulder – bliss!
Source: For some women, a dog in the bed is so much better than a human
Doctor Dog – The Power of Loving Licks
3 Genius Ways of Helping Rescue Cats & Dogs (But Mainly Dogs!)
Are We Going to Find Out What They’re REALLY Saying AT LAST?
Cool Cats & Dandy Dogs Get Ready for Clear the Shelter Day
Creative Crash Pads for Funky Felines
One thought on “A Cat, a Dog, or a Human – Which is Best for Bedtime Cuddles?”